- This event has passed.
October 18, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Think you have the worst film set story? Oh you don’t even know the half of it.
LIGHTBULB GRIP & ELECTRIC Presents: TRAINWRECKS! Come join us for a night of uproarious hilarity as we invite the audience up on stage to tell their worst onset stories, each one a bigger nightmare than the last! We never know where the stories are headed, because we’re hearing them for the first time with you.
And yes, alcohol makes story time even better. Inexpensive beer, wine, and soda will be served, cash bar. Maybe some snacks. We’ll see. (ATM next door).
RULES OF THE EVENT:
1. Open-Mic Style. Think of “The Moth” if you’ve heard the podcast. Everyone who gets up gets 5 minutes to tell their story.
2. You can only get up to tell a story if you can beat the one that came before you.
3. No naming names- We’ll use generic names to keep from embarrassing anyone. (Every producer is “Tony”, every Key Grip is “Carl”, etc) We still all have to go back to work tomorrow and see some of these people again, so lets not start real-world fights, eh?
4. No heckling. Except for us. We’ll heckle you if you run overtime. On the microphone.
5. Great crowd response earns a free beer/wine for the storyteller! It takes guts to get up there, so lets reward them!
6. Keep an eye out for hate speech. You can express frustration with Katie the Makeup Artist because she did [x], but we dont like slanders against whole genders/races/etc. That’s a paddlin’.
We run from 8-11pm, please show up early to start drinking as early as possible.
THIS IS A 21+ EVENT, PLEASE SHOW ID AT THE DOOR.
Directions: L Train to Grand St, walk three blocks east. Door is at the top of a flight of brick & stone stairs under the trees. If you found our Lightbulb loading dock door, look for the first flight of stairs to your left! Handicapped entrance available, contact Lightbulb (email@example.com) for info.
- October 18, 2017
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Lightbulb Social Event